Due to recent changes in the business Hargreaves now have an opportunity for an experienced Development Director to join the Leadership Team.
Based at our head office in Rustington, West Sussex, the Development Director will be responsible for the formulation and delivery of Hargreaves Group, development strategy, working in collaboration with the Managing Director.
The role will oversee and guide the development team, ensuring that Hargreaves maximises the value of its existing portfolio of assets through best practice and innovation as well as helping to identify and deliver further opportunities.
- To lead the development function
- Unlock value creation opportunities
- Provide leadership and oversight to the development team
- Development appraisals
- Oversee the master-planning, procurement and build
- Work closely with planning and regulatory
- Oversee and direct all aspects of the design and delivery
- Management of tendering and procurement
- Monitoring of contractors, costs and budgets
- Detailed reporting to the business on progress
- Ensuring successful transaction execution: site purchase, legal agreements, S106 and 278 agreements, forward-sale, pre-letting and funding agreements as appropriate
- You will have a proven real estate development background with a track record of delivering from acquisition to completion of large and sophisticated development projects within the UK on time and to budget
- Solid understanding of construction delivery
- Substantial experience in a commercial development environment. This could include previous experience within general contracting, structural engineering, building, GP, quantity surveying, or possibly design
- You will be professionally qualified MRICS or similar
- The Hargreaves Group was founded in 1965 as a private investment and development Company specialising in commercial and residential property across the South East of England
- The Group holds a mixed portfolio of over 2,000,000 sq. ft. of commercial property and over 100 residential units
- Considerable in-house expertise combined with a close working relationship with our professional teams provides us with a solid platform to focus on our core fundamentals and adding value hands-on asset management
- The Company aims to double the portfolio size over the next 10 years, so an exciting time to join this dynamic business