Based at our head office in Rustington, West Sussex, this role will support the Property Director and wider asset and property management team in maintaining and delivering a portfolio of commercial properties to a very high standard.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of a portfolio of properties diversified across the main commercial sectors and geographically located in the south east of England.
- Production and management of service charge budgets, including assisting the finance team with year-end reconciliations.
- Good understanding of hard and soft services, and statutory compliance.
- Overseeing site health and safety, ensuring this is closely monitored.
- Regular site visits to carry out property inspections or to investigate matters of repair and maintenance.
- Maintaining accurate records of ongoing repair/maintenance issues and regular contracted works.
- Procurement of new external contractors when required, whilst monitoring the performance of existing suppliers (including against agreed KPIs).
- Swift response times to dealing with reactive issues.
- Dealing promptly with tenants’ needs and queries, as well as enforcing tenant repairing obligations as necessary.
- Managing the relationship with the Hargreaves in-house maintenance staff.
- Ability to deal effectively with other external parties across the portfolio, including managing agents on those properties where property management is out-sourced.
- Ability to work well with colleagues across other Hargreaves teams and at all levels within the business.
- Use of MRI Qube property management software is preferred but not essential.
- Analytical approach to problem solving.
- Strong track record of hitting timescales and excellent attention to detail.
- Highly motivated with the ability to manage a varied workload.
- Good team player with attributes that will benefit the wider business and be true to the company values.
Experience of working across a broad commercial sector portfolio is preferred.
3+ years of operational experience in a similar role, client-side preferred but not a necessity.
For more information or to arrange an informal discussion, please contact us.